Healthy and delicious alternative to traditional crepes!
These crepes are both grain and dairy free and also incredibly easy to make. They are packed with protein and fiber from chickpea flour, which makes them much more nutritious than typical wheat ones.
I like to use those crepes for savory rather than sweet meals. They work very well for breakfast wraps, filled with fresh vegetables, as a side for Indian dishes or as a burrito-style meal.
Experiment with different fillings and toppings and enjoy your perfect chickpea crepe dish!
- Ingredients for 10-12 crepes:
- 300 g chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cup of water
- Olive oil ( for cooking the crepes)
- In a large bowl whisk together all ingredients until smooth and lump-free batter. Then set it aside to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Warm up the pan and grease it with olive oil soaked paper towel.
- Pour about ⅓ cup of batter into the center of your hot pan. Lift the pan and swirl it so the batter coats evenly the bottom of the pan. Fill in any gaps with extra crepe batter.
- Replace the pan on the burnen and cook for about 1 minute, until the top is set and edges begin to turn golden. Flip the crepe and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place the cooked crepe on the plate and cover it with a lid. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve crepes immediately with desired filling or topping.
- To get rid of lumps, pour the dough through a strainer or blend batter in the blender.
- Store the crepes in a closed container in the fridge up to 2 days.