Easter Sunday is two weeks away and like every year I start to plan my sweet menu. There must be something gluten free, traditional and something that everyone likes in my family. Bundt cake is our favourite Easter cake and can not be missed on the festive table this year. This delicious dessert can be made in many ways, and has many flavours. My version of this cake is gluten free and dairy free. By adding dates I create a nice texture and reduced amount of coconut sugar.
I hope you will enjoy my healthy and yummy recipe!
- 90 g hazelnut meal
- 60 g walnut meal
- 15 g flax seeds meal
- 80 g teff flour
- 70 g tapioca starch
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 90 g powdered coconut sugar
- ½ cup dates (soaked in 125 ml hot water for two hours)
- 4 eggs (room temperature and separated)
- 110 g coconut oil
- 70 g chopped unsalted pistachios
- Blend soaked dates until smooth puree. (Don’t drain dates before blending)
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C and prepare the Bundt cake pan 23 cm wide and 10 cm high ( grease the pan with butter and sprinkle with flour or use silicone cake pan )
- Shift and mix all dry ingredients except sugar.
- In a small pot melt coconut oil, then add coconut sugar, vanilla extract, dates and stir until the sugar dissolves. Put aside and let it cool.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer whisk the egg whites over high speed until stiff foam. Gradually add egg yolks and coconut oil mixture whisking on medium speed. Then add the flours and chopped nuts and mix gently with spatula just to combine. Transfer the batter onto the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 175 ° C for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake goes out clean.
- Decorate the cake with melted chocolate or sprinkle with powdered sugar.